Sydney Symphony Orchestra offers a convenient ticket exchange service. You can exchange tickets for a performance on another date or a concert in another series during the concert season.
How to exchange your ticket
Tickets can be exchanged up to two working days before the performance for which they were originally issued.
- Call the Sydney Symphony Box Office (02 8215 4600, Mon–Fri 9am–5pm) and reserve your new concert tickets and pay any exchange and/or upgrade fees.
- Return your original tickets to our Box Office in the Rocks – by mail, in person, or tear the tickets in two and send us an image of them via email or fax – at least two working days before the concert you are exchanging into or out of, whichever date is first.
- Depending on the time available, we will send you the new tickets by post or email.
- Upgrade charges will apply to current subscribers if transferring to a higher priced reserve or to an event with higher ticket prices.
- If you are a current subscriber and exchange a ticket for a lower ticket price, the difference will be credited to your account. You can use the credit towards the purchase of another ticket in the concert season.
- If you are not a current Sydney Symphony subscriber, you will be charged a $10 handling fee in addition to any upgrade costs and transaction fees.
Terms and Conditions
- Exchange requests cannot be fulfilled after this time, or after the original performance date.
- Exchanges can only be processed through the Sydney Symphony's Box Office during business hours and are not available through performance venues.
- Exchanges are subject to availability of seats and concerts. Blackout dates may also apply.
- Upgrade charges will apply if transferring to a higher priced reserve or an event with higher ticket prices.
- Upgrade charges must be paid at the time your exchange request is made.
- Refunds are not available if you exchange into a lower seating reserve or a lower price concert.
- Exchanges are available for one ticket into another single ticket and cannot be split into multiple purchases, unless otherwise indicated.
View the full Terms and Conditions.