Sydney Symphony Orchestra offers a convenient ticket exchange service. You can exchange tickets for a performance on another date or a concert in another series during the concert season.
If you're a ticketholder for a postponed, cancelled or rescheduled concert visit our COVID-19 FAQs for more information about your ticketing options.
For more information on upcoming concerts, visit our COVID-19 update page.
How to exchange your ticket
Tickets can be exchanged up to two working days before the performance for which they were originally issued.
- Call the Sydney Symphony Box Office (02 8215 4600, Mon–Fri 9am–5pm) and reserve your new concert tickets and pay any exchange and/or upgrade fees.
- Return your original tickets to our Box Office in the Rocks – by mail, in person, or tear the tickets in two and send us an image of them via email or fax – at least two working days before the concert you are exchanging into or out of, whichever date is first.
- Depending on the time available, we will send you the new tickets by post or email.
- Upgrade charges will apply to current subscribers if transferring to a higher priced reserve or to an event with higher ticket prices.
- If you are a current subscriber and exchange a ticket for a lower ticket price, the difference will be credited to your account. You can use the credit towards the purchase of another ticket in the concert season.
- If you are not a current Sydney Symphony subscriber, you will be charged a $10 handling fee in addition to any upgrade costs and transaction fees.
Terms and Conditions
- Exchange requests cannot be fulfilled after this time, or after the original performance date.
- Exchanges can only be processed through the Sydney Symphony's Box Office during business hours and are not available through performance venues.
- Exchanges are subject to availability of seats and concerts. Blackout dates may also apply.
- Upgrade charges will apply if transferring to a higher priced reserve or an event with higher ticket prices.
- Upgrade charges must be paid at the time your exchange request is made.
- Refunds are not available if you exchange into a lower seating reserve or a lower price concert.
- Exchanges are available for one ticket into another single ticket and cannot be split into multiple purchases, unless otherwise indicated.
View the full Terms and Conditions.