Terms & Conditions
For renewing & booking your 2019 Season subscription
Subscription packages to Sydney Symphony Orchestra (SSO) performances are subject to the SSO’s Conditions of Sale and to the requirements of the venue at which the performances are presented.
To be eligible to renew your seats where this has been offered, you must submit your renewal order by Friday 28 September 2018.
If we cannot accommodate your request, we will contact you to discuss other options. If you do not renew your subscription by this date, your seats may be released and become available to others.
- renew your current Curated package with no changes, or
- request a change to your seat location, number of seats you require or series (subject to availability), or
- transfer your seats to another patron if you personally authorise us to do so. Simply request a transfer form from the box office before Friday 28 September 2018.
Most subscribers are guaranteed the same seats as they had for their 2018 package for the 2019 concerts in tehse Curated packages only:
- Master Series
- Emirates Metro Series
- Great Classics
- Thursday Afternoon Symphony
- Mondays @ 7
- Tea & Symphony
- Meet the Music
- Mozart in the City
- International Pianists in Recital
- Family Events
New subscribers are offered the best available seats at time of purchase. Tickets will be sent as soon as possible after we receive payment in full, or payment plans are finalised.
YOUTH <30 SUBSCRIBERS
Youth subscriptions are available to people aged 30 years or under on 1 January 2019. You will be seated in the best available seating at the time of purchase. Youth subscription pricing is only available for Curated Packages.
Youth 18 years and under must be accompanied and seated with a full paying adult. Proof of age must be supplied when booking and may be required before admission to each concert.
PROCESSING YOUR SUBSCRIPTION
After 18 July 2018, we will begin to process orders by the date in which they are received for those made via mailed form or online. Orders made over the phone will be offered the best available seating at the time of purchase.
Payment by credit card, cheque, money order or cash must accompany your booking.
Cash payments can be made in person at the SSO Offices, Clocktower Square, cnr Argyle & Harrington streets, The Rocks.
If you choose an instalment payment plan your first deposit is non-refundable after initial payment is processed. Subsequent payments will be automatically deducted from your credit card on the first Friday of each month. All payments will be completed in January 2019. Final credit card deduction on Friday 4 January 2019.
Once we receive your order and payment in full, we will mail your subscription pack (including tickets, subscriber card, concert diary and diary stickers). If you have elected to pay in instalments, your tickets will be mailed to you after the balance of your payment is paid.
Cheque payments are only available with two-part payment plans (20%/80% or 50%50%). If you have paid by cheque, we will send you a reminder to pay your final instalment.
Concession subscriptions are available on selected packages to current holders of certain means-tested Australian pensions (Aged, Disability, Veterans’ Affairs, Supporting Parent) and to Australian full-time students.
Proof of concession eligibility must be supplied when booking and may be required before admission to each concert. Tickets will not be sent until such proof is supplied.
CHANGE OF ARTIST OR PROGRAM
The SSO reserves the right to vary, substitute or withdraw advertised programs, artist, venue and seating arrangements, and to vary prices.
Refunds are not available, except as specified in the Entertainment Code of Practice. The 20% deposit on subscription bookings is not refundable.
Subscribers may exchange tickets from Monday 19 November 2018.
Alternatively, subscription tickets may be exchanged up to two working days before the performance for which tickets were originally issued. Exchange requests are not available after this time or after the date of a concert.
- If exchanging, you may need to pay an upgrade fee if transferring to a different seating price reserve or an event with higher ticket prices.
- Exchanges may not be available for all concerts and are subject to availability. Blackout dates may apply.
- Exchanges can only be processed through the SSO’s Box Office during business hours.
- Cocktail Hour and Family Events series subscribers may only exchange into the C-reserve of other series. Other requests may incur upgrade fees.
- Upgrade costs are payable at the time your exchange is made.
- If you request an exchange into a higher seating reserve, you will be liable for the upgrade costs of moving to that higher reserve. We cannot refund if you move to a lower reserve.
- Exchanges are available for one ticket into another and cannot be split into multiple purchases.
- Exchanges into Special Eventsand Sydney Symphony Presents are also available to subscribers but will incur upgrade costs.
- Refunds are not available if you chose to change into a ticket of a lower cost.
- Tickets must be returned to the SSO’s Box Office for re-sale no later than two working days prior to the concert you are exchanging into or out of, whichever date is first.
- Tickets can be returned via mail sent to our Administrative offices in The Rocks or you may scan the destroyed tickets and email an image to the SSO’s Box Office. On receiving the returned tickets, we can complete the exchange and issue you with your new tickets.
To avoid or minimise any exchange fees you may wish to consider choosing a flexible Create Your Own package instead of a Curated package with fixed dates.
Any new and additional package from the 2019 season onwards will be discounted 20% up to Friday 2 November 2018. Discount applies to full-price Premium – C-reserve packages only. This discount does not apply for pre-existing multiple package renewals. For new subscribers in 2019, the discount applies to the less expensive of the two series selected. Not to be used in conjunction with other offers.
Subscribers are entitled to 10% discount on extra single tickets to 2019 Season concerts, from Premium to C Reserve seats. The subscriber discount does not apply to Sydney Symphony Orchestra Presents concerts.
Single tickets become available to subscribers ahead of the general public from Monday 19 November 2018.
Subscribers can add Special Event concerts and save 10% on one Special Event, 15% discount on two Special Event concerts, and 20% discount for three Special Event concerts when ordered before SATURDAY 28 SEPTEMBER 2018.
Special Event Concerts in 2019 are:
- 2019 Season Opening Gala – 8, 9 February
- The Music of Count Basie and Duke Ellington – 23 February
- Lang Lang Gala Performance – 27, 29 June
- Peter Grimes in Concert – 25, 27 July
- A Russian Gala: Abduraimov performs Tchaikovsky – 8, 9 November
- Every Good Boy Deserves Favour – 22, 23 November
The 10/15/20% discount does not apply to Sydney Symphony Presents concerts.
Subscribers may elect to become a Gold Subscriber, paying the same price for their 2019 and 2020 subscription in 2019. The 2020 subscription and 2021 subscription amount is paid for in 2018 and held on account. Your package and credit will be guaranteed when it comes time to renew in 2019.
DOWNLOAD A COPY OF THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
2019 Season | Early Bird Subscriber Prize
Authorised under NSW Permit Number: LTPS/18/25304
- This prize draw consists of:
- two (2) Business Class tickets from Sydney to Vienna, flying Emirates Airline.
- Five (5) nights’ accommodation at Palais Hansen Kempinski, Schottenring 24, Vienna, Austria.
- Return transfers from Schwechat Airport to Palais Hansen Kempinski.
- Breakfasts for two.
- Guided tours of Vienna.
- Dinner for two (2) at restaurant Eduard, Palais Hansen Kempinski.
- Lunch for two (2) at restaurant Glacis Beisl, Schubertring 10-12, Vienna
- Cooking class for two (2) with Bianca Gusenbauer, Erlgasse 38/28, Vienna
- Christmas dinner with Bianca Gusenbauer.
- Breakfast for two (2) at Café Prükel, 24 Stubenring, Vienna
- Lunch for two (2) at Salonplafond /Museum of Applied Arts, Stubenring 5, Vienna
- Dinner for two (2) at restaurant Meissl & Schaden, Schubertring 10-12, Vienna
- Two (2) tickets to Sydney Symphony Orchestra concert, Wiener Konzerthaus.
- Guided tour for two (2) at Schonbrunn Palace and Christmas Markets.
- Dinner for two at (2) at Zum Schwarzen Kameel, Bognergasse 5, Vienna
- Guided tour for two (2) at Belvedere Palace.
- Lunch for two (2) at Sacher Eck, Philharmoniker Strasse 4, Vienna.
- Dinner for two (2) at restaurant Tian, Himmelpfortgasse, 23 Vienna.
- The total prize value of this promotion is $27,000. Emirates Business Class ticket fares valued at AUD$20,000 based on peak season travel; relevant airport and airline taxes are included in the prize flight. Vienna Tourist Board covers accommodation, transfers, tours, dining and concert valued at $7,000.
- If the winner cannot travel in November to coincide with the SSO’s Vienna concert, the prize may be arranged at an alternative time within 12 months. Certain elements of the prize may be excluded depending on accommodation blackout periods or other seasonal factors.
- No responsibility is taken for seasonal variation in the value of the prize according to seasonal fluctuations and ticket types available.
- Flights are not valid during selected Emirates blackout periods.
- Entry is open to all NSW & ACT residents who purchase a 2019 Season Subscription from the Sydney Symphony Orchestra between Wednesday 18 July 2018 and Saturday 1 September 2018.
- Entry is not open to Sydney Symphony Orchestra, Emirates Airline, or Austrian National Tourist Office employees or their immediate families.
- Selection of winner will be a computer-generated selection of all Sydney Symphony Orchestra 2019 Season Subscription purchasers by an independent party at Clocktower Square, Cnr Argyle and Harrington Streets, The Rocks, Sydney NSW 2000 on Monday 3 September 2018 at 10am.
- Winner will be notified personally on Monday 3 September 2018 and will be announced publicly online at www.sydneysymphony.com from Monday 3 September 2018 and in the Stay Tuned e-newsletter.
- A formal letter confirming the prize will be sent to the winner in due course. The winner needs to present the original letter to redeem Emirates tickets. The winner will need to present the letter to redeem the accommodation. All bookings must be coordinated and booked through Emirates.
- The Emirates prize is:
- is valid for travel on Emirates services only, over the specified routing and in the stated class of travel. Travel restrictions may apply. All bookings must be coordinated and booked through Emirates.
- cannot be taken in conjunction with any other Emirates Airline offer.
- valid for 12 months from the date the prize is announced (3 September 2018). Chosen flight dates are subject to availability.
- The flights are available on a positive space basis. Emirates Airline will do everything possible to accommodate chosen flight dates and times, but due to space limitations alternatives are sometimes required.
- The winner does not accrue Skywards points when redeeming the tickets.
- The winner is not eligible for Emirates Chauffeur drive service or access to the Emirates Business or First Class lounges.
- A valid passport is required for all international journeys.
- Prize does not include travel insurance. Adequate travel insurance for the duration of the trip is required and must be organised by the winner at his/her expense.
- Spending money, meals outside those stipulated in the prize, tips, excess baggage, taxes and airport charges, passports, visas and transport to and from airport of departure and all other ancillary costs associated with redeeming the prize are the responsibility of the winner.
- Winner must make their own way to Perth, Sydney, Brisbane or Melbourne International airports in order to meet their Emirates flight. The Emirates prize does not include the cost the winner may incur to travel to these international airports.
- The prize (or any part thereof) cannot be sold, is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken for cash.
- The two flights must be utilised at the same time, for the same travel dates, to the same destination.
If you have any questions about these terms and conditions, please call the Sydney Symphony Orchestra on (02) 8215 4600. Mon–Fri, 9am–5pm or email email@example.com.