Fellowship 2020 Applications
Applications Open Now
- The Fellowship program is a year-long commitment and successful candidates will need to be resident in Sydney during 2020.
- If you are intending to study in 2020 you may need to defer your studies should you audition successfully.
- Applications are taken from the following instruments: Flute + Piccolo, Oboe, Clarinet, Bassoon, Horn, Trumpet, Tenor Trombone, Timpani + Percussion, Violin, Viola, Cello, Double Bass.
- Applicants must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident, or a New Zealand citizen;
- Must have finished high school and be no older than 29 years as at 31 December 2019;
- Must have extensive performance experience.
Applications close 11.59pm, Wednesday 1 May 2019. Results will be sent to applicants via email on Monday 20 May 2019.
How to Apply
First Round: Application Form + Audition Video
1. Complete the online application form by 11.59pm, Wednesday 1 May 2019.
Before you start, make sure you have:
- A current 1-page resume in PDF format. Include your name and instrument, but not your personal contact details. List relevant qualifications (institute/s attended and date/s completed), and include a list of orchestral, ensemble and solo experience (with dates where possible).
- The contact details of one professional referee (such as your instrumental teacher).
START YOUR APPLICATION
2. Submit your audition video and recording declaration form.
- Download the first round audition video requirements for your instrument from the list. This contains the set repertoire (if applicable), excerpt list and recording guidelines.
- Email your audition video URL and recording declaration form to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11.59pm, Wednesday 1 May 2019.
SUBMIT YOUR AUDITION VIDEO
First Round Audition Video Requirements
Second Round: Live Auditions in Sydney
Successful candidates will be contacted via email by 20 May 2019 and invited to the following live audition dates in Sydney:
- Monday 3 June: Viola & Flute + Piccolo
- Tuesday 4 June: Violin
- Friday 7 June: Bassoon
- Friday 14 June: Timpani + Percussion
- Saturday 15 June: Double Bass & Horn
- Monday 17 June: Cello & Oboe
- Friday 21 June: Trumpet & Trombone
- Saturday 22 June: Clarinet
‘‘Being a Fellow was really pivotal for my orchestral playing. It was during that year that I began to understand how to play in an orchestra, which I really believe is something you can only learn by doing it, preferably alongside excellent, experienced mentors.’’
Kate Lawson, Principal Piccolo, Queensland Symphony Orchestra. Fellowship 2008