Working alongside our musicians, Sydney Symphony Fellows perform in our mainstage concerts, and receive coaching from Orchestra members and guest artists.
Fellows bring their newly enhanced playing skills and experience to the concert hall stage, performing as part of the Orchestra across our mainstage series and as members of chamber music ensembles. Fellows also join the Orchestra for performances in regional centres as well as our community and education programs.
The experience I got playing in the Sydney Symphony Orchestra [as a Fellow] with such world-class colleagues was incredibly inspiring and the opportunity to play so much chamber music throughout the year was an amazing privilege.
– Alexander Norton, Sydney Symphony First Violin and 2006 Fellow
The 2020/21 Fellowship program includes:
- A bursary of $33,644 which covers performance calls across mainstage and chamber music performances as well as a stipend.
- Participation in chamber music performances
- A 12-month program of professional training and performance activities including mentoring by members of the Sydney Symphony and masterclasses with our guest artists and soloists
- Professional development in the areas of audition, rehearsal and performance preparation, stagecraft, career management as well as providing informed approaches to long-term health and wellbeing